Of all the smart home gadgets out there, smart locks are some of the best problem-solvers when it comes to everyday annoyances.
Forgot your keys? No problem. Need to unlock the door to let in a friend or service provider? Easy peasy. Forgot to lock the door before heading into bed? Don't you worry. Smart locks are here to save the day.
With a smart lock at your door, you can manage all of that with an easy voice command or the tap of a button, offering you security, convenience, automation and peace of mind.
What Can a Smart Lock Do?
A smart lock is more than just another smart home device. A smart lock gives you a whole list of features and capabilities no ordinary lock can match. The key when reviewing smart lock options is to choose one with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, instead of only Bluetooth connectivity.
1. Never fish around for keys again
The entire idea of a smart lock (and every smart-home device, really) is to add convenience to your life.
2. Make a stylish first impression
Smart locks don't have to be clunky or oddly shaped. In fact, they can even masquerade as a regular lock.
3. Multiple keyless entry options could include proximity unlocking with your smartphone, remote unlocking with your smartphone, custom code numbers for anyone who needs to enter your home, voice command, and touch or 1. fingerprint recognition.
4. Create permanent or temporary entry codes If you're a vacation rental owner, a customer of cleaning or dog-walking services, or someone who has friends and family popping in often, a smart lock can make life easier for everyone. No more making key copies or hiding a spare set. Instead, you can restrict what times someone is allowed to enter your home. There's also the option to allow roommates and family members unlimited access, so the system works for the entire household.
5. Set limitations for access for every entry code. Limitations can include days of the week and specific hours to ensure code holders can only access your home during approved times.
6. Receive alerts on your smartphone if someone tries to break in or tampers with the smart lock. You can also set it to automatically notify police or a home security service should this occur.
Smart locks aren’t the cheapest investment for your smart home, but I maintain they’re the most useful. If you're looking for a stylish, smart way to make your daily life a little bit simpler, smart locks can play a helpful role.